- Annual Accrual: For calendar year 2020, non-exempt and exempt staff may borrow up to their full annual accrual, even if it has not been accrued yet. If hired in 2020, the PTO annual accrual is prorated based on the hire date.
- PTO Carryover: For calendar year 2020, non-exempt and exempt staff may carryover all unused PTO into calendar year 2021.
Exempt: Five weeks (25 days) if employed by the University less than five years; six weeks (30 days) if employed by the University five years or more, but less than 10 years; seven weeks (35 days) if employed by the University 10 or more years.
Non-exempt: Accrual based on the schedule in the Guidebook.
Vacations, non-work related short-term injuries/illnesses of five days or less, personal business, family care, other needs.
6 or 8 Weeks
Wake Forest University offers eight weeks of base salary continuation for the birthing parent and six weeks for the non-birthing/adoptive parent. The parental leave allows for the healthy recovery of the birthing parent, bonding with the adopted child and/or a period of family adjustment.
The leave may occur before (e.g., an absence for travel or a required class) or after the birth or adoption.
Log into Workday to submit your Faculty Parental/Adoption Leave request and contact us with questions.
As an eligible faculty or staff member, you may take up to 12 weeks of FML for a variety of reasons related to serious health conditions and qualifying exigencies (for involvement in the Armed Forces or National Guard).
You may take up to 26 weeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered service member, including a veteran, when you are the spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin of the covered service member.
Paid vs. Unpaid
Your individual situation will determine whether the leave is paid or unpaid, as well as the duration.
Requesting Family & Medical Leave
- Provide written notice to your Department Head and Supervisor (at least 30 days notice if the leave is foreseeable by 30 days).
- Log into Workday to submit your Family and Medical Leave request.
- Complete and send the following to Human Resources:
– Certification of Health Care Provider (if caring for yourself) OR
– Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Members (if caring for a family member)
(Complete Section II and provide the form to a medical provider to complete Section III.)
Wake Forest University Human Resources
2598 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 | P.O. Box 7424
AskHR@wfu.edu | P (336) 758-4700 | F (336) 758-6127
Se habla español.