Wake Forest offers the following to help you care for yourself and others:
Child Care Resource Center
(336) 245-4900 or (800) 937-7610
The provider learns your specific child care needs and then provides you with a list of child care options that meets all applicable state and local standards. Identify yourself as a WFU employee to ensure you receive full benefits of this service.
Description of care provided
Special needs services
Wake Forest Baptist Health, Bright Horizons
- Contact: (336) 716-0300
- Location: Medical Center campus
- Benefit: Priority enrollment (Note: May have a waiting list)
- Serves: Infants through pre-Kindergarten
Parental Leave – Staff (Policy)
- Up to eight weeks of base salary continuation.
- After initial eight weeks, eligible to utilize available Paid Time Off or Leave with no pay up to maximum amount allowable under FMLA.
- Contact your Human Resource partner to start your Parental leave.
Parental Leave – Faculty (Policy)
- Full salary and benefits will continue for one semester (the semester of leave from teaching and service duties should be taken during the semester when the birth or adoption takes place).
- Notify your Department Chair, Dean, and Human Resources if you plan to take parental leave.
The Medical plan provides the following benefits and services:
- Free breast pumps through Edgepark, Edwards Health Care Services, Pumping Essentials, or Sunmed Medical.
Before placing your order, make sure the provider is still participating.
- Aetna Maternity Program Get support throughout your pregnancy, along with postpartum resources once your baby is born. Nurses with maternity experience are here to answer questions and help guide you through your unique maternity journey.
- 24-Hour Nurse Line for pregnant and new mothers (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 800-556-1555
- Infertility Care: Contact Aetna for in-network provider information. 1-800-575-5999, Monday through Friday, 8AM to 6PM
- SimpliFed provides virtual breastfeeding and baby feeding support fully covered by your health plan from pregnancy to weaning. Aetna members can text BABY to 1-888-458-1364, visit www.SimpliFed.com or call 1-888-458-1364 to schedule an appointment (available 7 days a week in English and Spanish).
The birth of a child is considered a qualifying event in which you may change your benefits (instructions). Within the first 30 days of your child’s birth, you will be able to add your child as a dependent to your healthcare premiums.
- Centers for Exceptional Children
- Child Care in North Carolina (North Carolina Child Care Resource and Referral Council)
- Five Things to Consider When Choosing a Pediatrician
- Resources for Families with Young Children in North Carolina (North Carolina Child Care Resource and Referral Council)
- The Birth Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health
- What are the Top 10 Requirements to Adopt a Child? (Adoption Network)
Senior Services: Elder Care Choices
(account: Wake Forest University; password: caregiver)
You may contact a counselor Monday through Friday, as many times as needed, about any older adult you are assisting with care. All counselors are Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) certified.
Identifying needs for loved ones
Locating resources for older adults living anywhere in the United States
Creating a comprehensive referral package, including profiles of services
Providing assistance with Medicare questions and choosing plans
Employee Assistance Program
Call (336) 716-5493 to schedule an appointment.
Assessment, referral, and follow-up services for:
Family and marital problems
Home financial concerns
Anxiety, grief, and depression
Appointments and services are strictly confidential.
Full-time faculty and staff members and their immediate families are eligible.
Health Advocacy Services
Medical Bill Saver™
Senior Care and Special Needs
Extended to Family
Your eligible family members (spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law) may also use these services.
There is no need to enroll; if you are a full-time faculty or staff member covered under the Basic Life Plan, you are automatically eligible.
2024 Benefits Guidebook
The 2024 Benefits Guidebook for Faculty and Staff outlines benefits specific to the Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2024 plan year. The information included in the guidebook is intended as a benefit summary only.
Wake Forest University Human Resources
P.O. Box 7424, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
askHR@wfu.edu | P 336.758.4700 | F 336.758.6127