Individual: $1,250 in-network, $3,125 out-of-network; Family: $3,125 in-network, $7,800 out-of-network
Individual: $750 in-network, $1,875 out-of-network; Family: $1,875 in-network, $4,675 out-of-network
Individual: $4,000 in-network, $10,000 out-of-network; Family: $10,000 in-network, $25,000 out-of-network
Individual: $3,000 in-network, $7,500 out-of-network; Family: $7,500 in-network, $18,750 out-of-network
Wake Forest University offers a telehealth option with Teledoc through BlueCross and BlueShield of North Carolina for
both medical plans. These secure video consults, at a $10 copay, are a good option for minor health issues when you cannot see your regular doctor. You can register online or call 1-800-Teladoc, (1-800-835-2362)
Enrolling or Making Changes
- Enrollment is completed in Workday during the onboarding process.
- If adding a spouse and/or dependent child, submit the required dependent verification documentation.
- You will receive an ID card from BCBSNC.
Throughout the Year
- Log into Workday to elect coverage throughout the year following a qualifying event.
- Provide supplemental documentation for the event.
- If adding a spouse and/or dependent child, submit the required dependent verification documentation via Workday within 30 days of the event, or by the Annual Benefits Enrollment deadline.
- If you need a replacement ID card, call BCBSNC at (877) 275-9787.
- BCBSNC Medical Claim Form
- Preventive Care
(Services covered at 100% per Health Care Reform)
- In-network Labs Notification
- Spousal Surcharge
- Tobacco Cessation
- Low Plan Member Guide
- Low Plan Member Guide (Charlotte Version)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage – Low
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage – Low (Charlotte Version)
If you have elected medical coverage through Wake Forest, you are automatically enrolled in the prescription drug plan. The Low and High Plans offer the following in-network copayments for prescription drugs:
- Generic brand: $15
- Preferred brand: $30
- Non-preferred brand: $60
- Specialty: 10%, minimum of $50, maximum of $100
*An additional $5 copay will be required at non-preferred pharmacies.
- If you have elected Wake Forest medical coverage, you are automatically enrolled in the prescription drug plan at no additional cost.
- You will receive a separate ID card, and you may request a new copy by calling OptumRx at (888) 869-4600.
If you have elected medical coverage through Wake Forest, you are automatically enrolled in the behavioral health plan. Licensed clinical case managers will connect you or your covered family members with in-network providers, specializing in mental health and substance abuse issues. The behavioral health plan has been expanded to include coverage for Adaptive Behavioral Treatment (ABT), up to $40,000 per member per year.
Contact CBHA at 1 (800) 475-7900 (located on the back of your medical ID card) for a confidential assessment and service.
Low Plan: 100% covered in-network, 60% covered out-of-network
High Plan: 100% covered in-network, 70% covered out-of-network
Low Plan: $30 copayment in-network, 60% covered out-of-network
High Plan: $30 copayment in-network, 70% covered out-of-network
- If you have elected Wake Forest University medical coverage, you are automatically enrolled in the behavioral health plan at no additional cost.
- You will not receive a separate ID card.
- You can access Adaptive Behavioral Treatment services by calling CBHA at (800) 475-7900. A clinician will help determine the services needed, the diagnosis, treatment planning, or therapy, and will direct you to an in-network provider.
The above information is intended as a benefit summary only. It does not include all of the benefit provisions, limitations, and qualifications. If this information conflicts in any way with the contract, the contract will prevail. Any services rendered under the CBHA benefit do not apply towards the BCBS annual deductible or co-insurance.
Wake Forest University Human Resources
2598 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 | P.O. Box 7424
AskHR@wfu.edu | P (336) 758-4700 | F (336) 758-6127
Se habla español.