Coverage begins the first of the month following or coincident with date of employment. Faculty and Staff have 30 days from date of hire to elect benefits.
Faculty Eligibility Criteria
- Full-time: Working between 1,096 and 1,462 hours/year
- Part-time: Working between 1,000 and 1,095 hours/year
Staff and Post-Doc Eligibility Criteria
- Full-time: Working between 1,560 and 2,080 hours/year
- Part-time: Working between 1,000 and 1,559 hours/year
If you plan to cover a spouse and/or a dependent child(ren) on the medical, dental, and/or vision plan(s), during your new hire period, qualifying event, or annual benefits enrollment, you will need to provide dependent verification documentation to ensure dependents meet the plans’ eligibility criteria.
A spouse and/or a dependent child(ren) under the Wake Forest health plan(s) must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Your lawful spouse (a spousal surcharge may apply)
- Your dependent children or your spouse’s dependent children up to age 26 regardless of student status, marital status, employment status, and tax dependency
- A dependent child with a mental or physical disability, as defined by the medical, dental, and vision plans regardless of age. A dependent child who is either mentally or physically disabled, and incapable of self-support, may continue to be covered under the plan regardless of age if the condition exists and coverage is in effect when the child reaches the age of 26. The disability must be medically certified by the child’s doctor and may be verified annually by the plan.
- Children over age 19 must be full-time students in order to remain on the voluntary life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment policies
Dependent Verification Requirements
Submit required documentation to Workday within 30 days of your hire date, within 30 days of the event, or by the annual benefits enrollment deadline by uploading to Workday by completing the following steps:
- Click on the Personal Information worklet.
- In View section, click Worker Documents (you may need to click the More link).
- Click Add.
- Click Select Files and choose your dependent verification documentation file(s).
- Select Benefits Documents for the Document Category.
- Once all documents have been uploaded, click OK.
- Click Done.
Wake Forest University Human Resources
2598 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 | P.O. Box 7424
AskHR@wfu.edu | P (336) 758-4700 | F (336) 758-6127
Se habla español.