Department of Labor (DOL) Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Update
A U.S. District Court judge from Texas issued a preliminary injunction November 22 postponing the effective date of the DOL FLSA regulations that we have been discussing on campus for the past few months. The injunction is in response to a legal challenge brought by a coalition of more than 50 business groups and 21 state attorneys general.
Given this new information, Wake Forest University will not proceed at this time with the proposed changes related to the DOL regulations, including salary increases, exemption status changes, and an updated PTO schedule.
Managers should make impacted staff aware of this change by Friday, December 2. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions by e-mailing AskHR@wfu.edu or calling 336-758-4700.
Wake Forest University seeks to recruit and retain diverse, well-qualified, and highly-motivated faculty and staff members, while rewarding individual contributions to the institution, its students, and the community.
Wake Forest University is committed to providing a comprehensive Total Rewards package to support its motto, Pro Humanitate (For Humanity), which is a calling to use our knowledge, talents and compassion to better the lives of others.
- Recruit and retain diverse, well-qualified, and highly motivated faculty and staff members and incenting equitably and fairly based on individual, departmental, and organizational performance.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to leadership on pay issues, market trends, and performance management.
- Set policies for managing compensation and career progression that ensure internal equity and consistent application of the program.
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness and compliance of the compensation program and practices and its continued competitiveness while mitigating risk for the University.
- Communicate the program to ensure understanding within the university community.