The following items apply to Workday transactions initiated after the enhancement was introduced:
- (NEW) Recruitment:
- Enabled hiring managers to create positions directly from the “Create Job Requisition” process, cutting the approval time in half.
- Streamlined approvals for the “Offer” and “Hire” processes so the Manager, Talent Liaison, Cost Center Budget Specialist, Budget Manager, and Budget VP only approve once, unless the position or compensation changes. (These approvers will receive notifications throughout the recruitment processes.)
- Enabled the offer letters (for staff positions) to generate automatically, based on the type of position and whether the candidate is internal or external. Introduced the capability for hiring managers to send back offer letters if changes are needed.
- Configured cost centers to default automatically, based on the supervisory organization that is entered.
- One-Time Payments Role: Developed a role that may initiate one-time payments to individuals across campus without time-consuming involvement from the Manager.
- Simplified Promotions:
- Faculty Promotions: Removed the requirement for initiators to complete the Create Position and Create Job Requisition processes. Instead, they may use the Change Job process, select “Faculty Promotion” as the reason for the change, and update the job profile and title to reflect the new position.
- Staff Promotions (“Position Management” supervisory organizations): Removed the requirement for initiators to complete the Job Requisition process. Instead, after completing the Create Position process, they may use the Change Job process and select “Promotion” as the reason for the change.
- Streamlined Faculty/Manager Involvement: Enabled the Talent Liaison to complete approval steps on an individual’s behalf for processes related to changing jobs and compensation.
- If Initiated by the Talent Liaison: All Manager approvals and action items will route to the Talent Liaison. Since the Talent Liaison will already have approved, their separate approval step will be skipped.
- If Initiated by Another Role (Other Than Manager): All Manager approvals and action items will route to the Talent Liaison, if that role exists; otherwise, they will route to the Manager.
- Student Hiring Process: Removed Talent Liaison, Cost Center Budget Specialist, and Budget VP approval steps.
- Home Address Contact Change: Removed Manager approval step.
- Termination Process: Removed Manager’s Manager and Talent Liaison approval steps (these roles now receive a notification). Note: If the Talent Liaison initiates the termination, Manager’s approval is still required.
- Recruitment: Created a hiring manager web page to help users select a Recruitment process in Workday, based on their specific hiring scenario.
- Delegation: Posted a guide to assist with delegating approval processes.
- Expediting Hiring: Minimizing approvals throughout the Recruitment business processes to accelerate the time it takes to hire talent.
- Candidate Experience: Simplifying the process of uploading application materials, including resumes, cover letters, and writing samples.