- Report the on-the-job injury to your supervisor immediately after the injury or as soon as possible.
- Review the Workers’ Compensation web page and the Workers Compensation Leave policy.
- Complete the First Report of Incident Form and send to Human Resources by e-mail, fax, or intercampus mail.
- If the injury requires treatment, notify Human Resources (336.758.4700) and your supervisor about your schedule.
- For compensable injuries, provide your supervisor with written medical permission to return to work.
The supervisor or departmental representative must advise the Workers’ Compensation Coordinator and the Environmental Health and Safety Office (336.758.7189) of all on-the-job injuries. North Carolina law requires that these injuries be reported to the N.C. Industrial Commission within five days.