The Bright Horizons Back-up Care Advantage Program for child and adult care is available to full-time benefits-eligible faculty and staff to help promote a healthy work-life balance. This program can be used when your regular child or adult care arrangements are unavailable, for example:
- Your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is unavailable
- You are transitioning between child or adult care arrangements
- Your child’s regular center or school is closed
- Your adult relative is ill or needs temporary assistance
- Your child is mildly ill at home
You have access to the following care options:
- Center-based child care
- In-home child care
- In-home mildly ill child care
- In-home adult care
Full-time benefit eligible faculty or staff can use up to 15 days of back-up care per calendar year. Center-based care is $15 per child per visit with a maximum of $25 per family per visit. In-home care is $4 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. Although you do not have to enroll in this benefit, registration and reservations are required before using the service.
Registration, Reservations and Questions
- 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
- www.backup.brighthorizons.com (username: wakeforest & password: Deacon1834)
A pre-recorded webinar is available to view at your convenience.