The Bright Horizons Back-up Care Advantage Program for child and adult care is available to full-time benefit eligible faculty and staff to assist in balancing the competing demands of work and life. This program can be used when your regular child or adult care arrangements are unavailable, for example:
- Your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is unavailable
- You are transitioning between child or adult care arrangements
- Your child’s regular center or school is closed
- Your adult relative is ill or needs temporary assistance
- Your child is mildly ill at home
You have access to the following care options:
- Center-based child care
- In-home child care
- In-home mildly ill child care
- In-home adult care
Full-time benefit eligible faculty or staff can use up to 15 days of back-up care per calendar year. Center-based care is $15 per child per visit with a maximum of $25 per family per visit. In-home care is $4 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. Although you do not have to enroll in this benefit, registration and reservations are required before using the service.
Registration, Reservations and Questions
- 877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
- www.backup.brighthorizons.com (username: wakeforest & password: Deacon1834)
A pre-recorded webinar is available to view at your convenience.