Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Wake Forest offers all full-time faculty and staff members a comprehensive life insurance program, including both employer paid plans and voluntary, employee paid programs from which you can choose to participate. These plans provide you or your listed beneficiaries with financial security should something happen to you while employed by Wake Forest.
Wake Forest provides basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance for full-time faculty and staff members.
Life insurance coverage is based on the calculation listed below. Wake Forest pays the entire cost of this benefit. Full-time faculty and staff are eligible for this benefits on the first of the month following their date of hire. This coverage terminates at retirement or termination of employment, although it may be continued on a direct pay basis. Faculty and Staff pay imputed income on coverage over $50,000.
- If salary is under $50,000: 1.5x salary rounded up to next highest thousand, capped at $50,000 of coverage
- If salary is over $50,000: 1x salary rounded up to next highest thousand, capped at $100,000 of coverage
For detailed information about each of these programs, click on any of the links below:
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance Summary Plan Document
- Basic and Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Summary Plan Document
- Long Term Disability Summary Plan Document
- Portability vs. Conversion
- Will Preparation Brochure
- Healthy Rewards Brochure
- Healthy Rewards in Spanish
- ID Theft Brochure
- Secure Travel Brochure