Benefits for the upcoming plan will take effect July 1, 2017.
Wellbeing Program: Introducing a program, offered in collaboration with Wake Forest Baptist Health, offering a $100 incentive for completing: Health Risk Assessment, Biometric Testing, and Health Coaching Session.
Autism Benefits: Expanding to include Adaptive Behavioral Treatment.
Network: Providing deeper discounts by moving to the BCBS Blue Value network for North Carolina providers.
Premiums (ranges are shown; amount depends on enrollment tier):
- Low Plan: $45 – $166 (biweekly); $97 – $359 (monthly)
- High Plan: $84 – $283 (biweekly); $182 – $614 (monthly)
- Low Plan: $1,000 in-network; $2,500 out-of network
- High Plan: $500 in-network; $1,250 out-of network
Individual Out-of-Pocket Maximums:
- Low Plan: $4,000 in-network; $10,000 out-of network
- High Plan: $2,500 in-network; $6,250 out-of network
No changes: Cost-sharing, coinsurance, copayments, preventive care, spousal surcharge, prescription coverage, and behavioral health coverage.
403(b) Retirement Plan: Faculty and staff who have not previously contributed to retirement with TIAA will be auto-enrolled at 5% of their eligible salary July 1; communications will be sent to home addresses in early May.
Health Care Flexible Spending Account: Annual maximum is $2,600.
No Changes: Dental; vision; dependent care flexible spending; legal; long-term care; life insurance; and short- and long-term disability plans.
Verify Whether a Provider is in the Blue Value Network
You may contact your provider, call BCBS at 877-275-9787, or complete the following steps to confirm network status for a facility or provider:
- Visit the BCBS website.
- Click Find a Doctor (top right screen; do not log in to your account*).
- Click Individuals, Families & Groups.
- Go to “Choose a plan to search,” select Blue Value in the drop-down box, and click Search.
- Click Find a Doctor or Facility, and follow the prompts to narrow your search.
*If you log in before July 1, 2017, you will only see the Blue Options Network.
Examples of facilities that will be in the Blue Value network, effective July 1, 2017, include Baptist Hospital and Forsyth Medical Center. Examples of facilities and single professional service providers that will not be in the Blue Value network include:
- Duke and Pioneer Community Hospitals.
- Wayne Cannon Physical Therapy, Mark Nelson Ophthalmology, Neurology, and Pain Consultants.
- June 14: View your final elections in WF@Work.
- July 1: Benefit elections take effect.
- Benefits or Enrollment questions: AskHR@wfu.edu or 336.758.4700.
- ID Cards: Contact the provider directly to request a replacement if you misplaced your card (all medical plan members will receive a new BlueCross BlueShield ID card).